When I made the switch from cooking with oil to cooking without I thought I was going to burn everything. I got a few tips from Chef AJ, Author of Unprocessed and I was off and running. It took a few times to get the hang of sautéing with veggie broth or water, but the learning curve was short-lived. Chef AJ actually trains other Chefs on how to cook without oil. Can you imagine what an economic savings that amounts to for a restaurant? It is significant, and it is also significant for good health.
Tips To Help You Start Living Plant-based
- Substitute water or veggie broth for oil when sautéing
- Apple Sauce or 100% Pure Maple Syrup instead of Sugar
- Almond, Oat, or Soy Milk instead of Cows’ milk
- Mushrooms, Beans, Lentils and Sun-dried Tomatoes replace meats like, Beef, Fish, Chicken, and Pork
- Whole Grains like Wheat, Oats, Brown Rice, Wild Rice, Farrow, and Barley replace any processed white breads, crackers, or gold-fish
- Refer to the Greens Manifesto below which shows the most nutrient and fiber dense greens.
Please Share The Urban Herbivore