Cowgirl Caviar is the most requested recipe I have. Everywhere I take this dish it’s a big hit. People love the slight heat, bright colors, and fresh lime taste. Served with oil free corn chips or over a bed of fresh baby spinach/kale mix as a salad. It rocks as both! It’s certified tailgate food.Please Share The Urban Herbivore
- Prep Time: 30m
- Total Time: 30m
- 3 Roma tomatoes, chopped or a heaping cup of Cherry tomatoes quartered.
- 2 avocados, peeled and diced up and tossed in the juice of 2-3 Limes
- 1 can of Garbanzo Beans rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch Cilantro, rinsed and chopped – Add desired amount to taste.
- 1 -2 Jalapeno Peppers – seeds removed, diced small
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 c Corn: fresh, frozen, or canned
- 1 bunch Green Onions, chopped. I use Red Onion for the salad option.
- Salt and Pepper to taste (optional)
- Chop and drop. Bathe the diced avocado in lime and it will stay green for at least four days and trust me this dish will not last that long!