What is it about PASTA with a CREAMY sauce that drives the taste buds wild? If you are in need of a warm belly hug this is the dish. This savory creamy dish is dairy free, oil free, salt free, and can be gluten free.Please Share The Urban Herbivore
- 1/4 c Vegetable Broth or Water
- 1 Large White onion - chopped
- 1 tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 1/2 tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 3 tbsp. Tamari - low sodium gluten free soy sauce
- 1/4 c More of Vegetable Broth or water or as needed to prevent sticking
- 1 lb Mushrooms - Baby Bellas work great
For the non-dairy creamy goodness combine:
- 1 Cannellini Beans drained and rinsed. Top off the can with water over the beans and pour them into a food processor.
- 1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. Chives
- 1 tsp. Parsley
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Thyme
- 1 tbsp. of Tamari - low sodium gluten free soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. Nutritional Yeast (Optional)
- Saute in onions in vegetable broth over a low to medium heat until they begin to brown and then add tomato paste, Tamari, smoked paprika, broth, and mushrooms. Saute until the mushrooms are cooked down. adding more broth as necessary.
- Blend the beans, lemon juice, chives, parsley, garlic powder, pepper, thyme, tamari, and nutritional yeast in a high-speed blender or a food processor until creamy. Pour into your mushrooms and set aside.
- For the pasta I recommend a whole wheat or a gluten free. Kroger makes a GREAT gluten free corn/rice spaghetti or penne. I have tried brown rice pastas and quinoa pastas and they are a DON’T! If you cannot find the Kroger brand look for gluten free corn/rice blend. When you drain your pasta leave just a bit of the starchy water in the pan, toss in your mushroom mixture and heat through.
- Prep your serving bowl with a big handful of Spinach or Spinach/Kale mix then heighten and add with your Mushroom mixture. Garnish with a sprinkle of chives and some ground walnuts before serving.